The school aims to provide a dynamic learning culture that promotes integrity, innovation and the individual. We aim for and value:
- a consistent approach;
- clarity, guidance and support within the curriculum;
- a high quality, engaging curriculum;
- sharing of best-practice strategies;
- continuous improvement; and
- a commitment to a curriculum that is inclusive, respectful and responsive.
The school is committed to offering a comprehensive curriculum based on the Victorian Curriculum F-10, VCE Study Design and VET/VCAL programs
The school has some unique offerings including:
- the Excellence and Enrichment Program designed to provide high ability learners with support to achieve their best, where students are exposed to enhanced learning by engaging in research, problem solving, creative and critical thinking.
- Sports Academy program that provides opportunities to develop the athlete’s knowledge and skills through a holistic sporting approach
- a language program where students have a choice between German and Indonesian.
- the 9Life program which provides students in Year 9 with opportunities to connect with the community and develop a range of life-based skills and knowledge
- STEAM classes from Years 7 – 9 that support numeracy and construction skills through the use of electronics, woodworking, Lego cardboard construction.
- an excellent and growing music program with stage and concert bands an ensemble. These bands perform at community events. There has been an increase in the interest in The Arts program which offers experiences in painting, sculpture, ceramics, media and photography.
Protocols for collaborative planning are currently being developed. A process for reviewing and refining the curriculum across all year levels and domains is being established. This is a key focus for 2022.