Transition from Primary to Secondary Education can be an exciting time as students explore opportunities.
Here at Heathmont College we encourage families to take part in the many College activities leading up to this transition, to enable the journey to be as smooth and seamless as possible.
College activities include visits by our transition team to local primary schools throughout the year and events run at the college where students enjoy Maths, Art, Science, PE and Library IT activities and challenges.
Students are welcomed into our Transition Program and supported with a variety of pastoral care initiatives, including our Peer Mentor and Personal Development programs.
How to Enrol
Government primary schools will distrube Transition Packs to all grade 6 families. Complete the Application for Year 7 Placement Form and return it to your primary school. Families will be notified in Term 3 of their child’s placement. All enrolments received will be considered.
Families attending non-government primary schools can contact Heathmont College on 9871 4888 for a Transition Pack.
You have a guaranteed place if you live in the Heathmont College school zone. If you are not sure if you are in the school zone, please use the Find My School website.
All school policies can be viewed and downloaded from the Our Policies page.
- Your enrolment will be considered if there is a sibling enrolled in another year level at Heathmont College.
- You may apply for consideration on one or more of the following curriculum grounds:
- Excellence and Enrichment Program. Your child shows strong numeracy and literacy skills and would like to be part of our enhanced 3 year curriculum.
- Language. Your child wishes to continue their study of Indonesian or German and the selected language is not offered at your nearest neighbourhood school.
- Sports. Your child is involved in sport and wished to try out for a place in the elite Sports Academy Program.
- Student Leadership. Your child has demonstrated strong leadership qualities and wishes to engage with the student leadership opportunities at Heathmont College.
- Other. Your child should be considered for enrolment based on exceptional circulmstances, such as compassionate ground.